Thank you for your interest!
As a Pinnacle Marketing Group team member, you will be part of a dynamic group of people, guiding our company on the leading edge of marketing sales, support and technology. We collaborate on projects across departments in order to deliver efficient work that we are proud of. You’ll be encouraged to reach your highest potential and new growth through developing business relationships — leading us into new territory and a strong future.
We offer employees exciting work in a fun, dynamic environment that encourages learning and growth and provides a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, supplemental health, life and disability insurances, and a 401k savings plan. There are currently over 70 employees at Pinnacle Marketing Group representing a variety of job positions.
Pinnacle Marketing Group is seeking a Controller/CFO to become a vital part of our company. As the Controller/CFO, you will plan and direct all accounting operational functions, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assess accounting and internal control systems, and guide departmental staff. The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills.
Pinnacle Marketing Group is a full-service marketing company providing communication companies and their local business customers effective marketing solutions such as social media management, website development, video production, graphic design services, the online directory localsolution.com and high-quality print directories.
Procedures & Internal Controls
• Develops and monitors internal controls, systems and procedures for finance and accounting
• Reviews and audits general ledger, A/P, A/R and purchasing to ensure all functions are completed
according to Company procedures
• Ensures compliance with all federal and state tax laws and all other government regulations within
the scope of the department
Financial Statements & Reporting
• Supervises the timely and accurate completion of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial
• Coordinates with accounting team and independent firm to complete audits of the organization's
results and all required tax reporting
Financial Analysis & Strategy
• Develops goals and metrics to measure the key drivers of business value and the organization's
• Provides valuable analysis of financial results, including any variances to budget for each
• Makes recommendations on operations and the capital structure needed to achieve the
organization's financial goals
Budgets & Forecasting
• Coordinates the preparation of detailed organization and department level budgets including,
projected revenues and expenses
• Works with operations to ensure accurate costs are used for determining pricing of the
organization's products and services
• Prepares well thought out forecasts of the organization's cash flow and financial position in multiple
• Maximizes the productivity of the organization's financial resources, while ensuring adequate
liquidity to fund all operations
• Leads invoicing, purchasing, A/R and A/P functions to maximize the organization's cash flow
Education and experience requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in financial management required
- Proven experience leading finance and accounting in a comparable organization, leadership in our industry is preferred
- Strong cultural fit with our organization's core values
- Proven accounting and financial reporting skills
- Proven ability to manage financial strategy for the organization
- Proven experience managing internal controls, compliance and finance procedures
- Proven track record with cash management and coordinating banking relationships
You should wear clothes that reflect you as a person and present a positive image. After all, your appearance and personal cleanliness contribute to the work environment and image that Pinnacle Marketing Group presents to visitors.
But this doesn’t mean you have to put on a full suit just to sit behind a desk! We encourage you to dress casually in practical, but clean and professional clothing. Feel free to express your style through appropriate t shirts, polos, sweatshirts, or sweaters. Any nice pants will work as long as they aren’t ripped or athletic.
Pinnacle Marketing Group’s office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday, and most employees work normal office hours.
However, we understand that cookie cutter hours might not work for everyone. That’s why we offer flextime to many of our employees, so that you can balance work with everything else you’re juggling.
Flextime must be approved by a supervisor to ensure our office hours are being covered. Work schedules can vary based on staffing and operational demands, and your supervisor will inform you of any hours required in your position.
Pinnacle Marketing Group will grant holiday time off to all employees for the holidays listed below:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday in November)
- Day after Thanksgiving (may be substituted for the day after Christmas)
- Christmas (December 25)
Pinnacle Marketing Group uses an all-purpose Paid Time Off (PTO) system. This time-off policy is for eligible employees to use for vacation, illness or injury, and personal business. It combines traditional vacation and sick leave plans into one flexible paid time-off policy.
The short answer? Yes! Eligible employees at Pinnacle Marketing Group are provided a wide range of benefits. Certain programs (such as Social Security, workers’ compensation, and unemployment insurance) cover all employees in the manner prescribed by law. Eligibility will be determined upon hiring, but you may qualify for the following programs:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
The age of technology has provided new opportunities when it comes to working remotely. There are many situations where telecommuting benefits both the organization and the employee. If this is something you’re interested in, feel free to discuss it with your supervisor to find out if telecommuting is the right fit for you.