Design the Perfect Business Card
Business card design can be tricky. There are many questions that we need to answer first. What is your goal for your business card? Have you thought about how you would like your customers to perceive you and your business? After all these thought-provoking questions are answered, begin the design process. Be sure to keep a few things in mind along the way.
First, how do you want your customers to see you? Are you bright and bold or clean and classic? Your business card design should give your customers a sneak peek of how you would like to showcase your business. Second, think outside the box. You do not have to follow the plain formatting of common business cards. You want something eye-catching that will stand out in a heaping pile of others. Change it up and pick a business card that is vertical instead of horizontal. Explore a new font that others in the area do not use. Keep in mind the information needs to be legible and minimal. You do not want to include unnecessary information. There are many different features that you can explore when designing your business card. Here are a couple of ideas that will make your business card come to life:
- Use a different material such as card-stock or even just a different pound of paper. The traditional is 80lb. If you would like to go thicker, consider 120lb.
- Research an embossed or debossed feature.
- Find a different shape to use, such as a tag.
- Dig into different patterns or colored paper.
- Inquire about UV Coating (glossy, shiny coating).
- Sift through the different sizes. The standard is 2 inches by 3.5.
- Inspect the different finishes such as glossy or matte.
There are an endless amount of options you can explore that would set you a part in the heaping pile. The most important thing to remember is no matter what you choose, make sure it is a clear representation of you and your business.