How To Survive The Quarantine
With the COVID-19 quarantine in full effect for most states, time can seem like it’s dragging by if you are in lock-down in your home. It’s important that non-essential workers stay inside and do not go out unless it’s for supplies but staying indoors for so long can make a person a bit on the antsy side. So how do you make your quarantine worth-while? Here are a few ideas that can help you push the boredom aside:
- Write actual letters to your loved ones. Wouldn’t it be nice to get a note from a loved one? Especially with the social distancing in place, writing and receiving letters can be something to look forward to, day after day.
- It’s been looming for years and it’s time to act. That’s right, it’s time to clean out those junk drawers and Tupperware cupboards. Find the lids and match them up with those containers. Empty that junk drawer and find places for all your random things.
- Going through your closet can be a great thing for two reasons, it can organize your closets, and you can donate all the clothes that no longer bring you joy to a thrift shop.
- Watch some old movies. And we mean old! When was the last time you watched a black and white movie? Bring back the classics and expand your movie knowledge.
- Learn yoga! There are great yoga classes online now for you to explore. And you can do it in the comfort of your own living room. No judgement! The same goes for meditation. Try meditating for 30 minutes each day. This can calm your mind and help you refocus on the important things.
- Time to get those small little projects done. Fix that squeaky door or finish the backsplash in your kitchen. You’ve got the time, so pick up that paintbrush and work on some home projects.
- Revisit old memories by going through your camera roll. Not only will it bring a smile to your face, but you could do something creative with all those great memories by making a photobook. Shutterfly has some great options for you to create a memorable photo book.
- No one really wants to do it, but now is a great time to work on your financial planning. Maybe it’s time to refinance that loan or mortgage. Or maybe it’s time to put more into your retirement plan but keeping up on your finances might help you get through this difficult time.
- How about a game night(s) with the family? Have you played all the monopoly you can handle? There are some great games out there that aren’t your conventional boardgame. How about checking out The Game of Things, Speak Out, or Dicecapades. All are great family fun games that will have you rolling with laughter.
- Dust off the ‘ol books, find a comfy chair and drift off into a new and awesome world. Maybe read a book you’ve always wanted to like Ulysses or revisit an old favorite like Harry Potter. The power of books can help us escape some of the dreariness that being stuck inside can bring.
Being indoors doesn’t mean you can’t learn something new, rediscover an old hobby, start a new tradition with the family, or work on improving your mind and body. There are some wonderful activities you can explore and by making the most of the quarantine you will come out of it stronger than before.