SEO Best Practice and Writing
When you are responsible for boosting the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for a brand you’re working with, there are a few things you need to remember to charm your audience and be successful at what it is you are trying to convey. Forbes has it down to a quick 6 step rule to elevate the reach and catapult your brand ahead of the competition.
- Know your audience and how they search. We can’t say this enough. Know what search terms they might use, schedule your posts around the common schedule of your customers, and get to know their likes and dislikes.
- Go Big with headlines. It’s the billboard to your article. An inspirational headline will captivate your audience in wanting to know more.
- Always lead with purpose. According to Forbes, now that your headline is big and bold, keep that momentum going by writing a captivating lead paragraph. The opening sentence should be a brief, yet compelling summary of the article you’re writing. Perfect the art of incorporating specific keywords in your lead paragraph without stuffing in too many. Those tricky SEO robots and readers alike will both sense something forced.
- Everything in your post matters. You want only quality writing throughout the entirety of your body of work. You only have a second to catch a reader’s attention so consider using multimedia in your posts. Include a relevant photo with each post. Maybe add a video to your next one or an infograph. Whatever the case, change it up and include those visuals.
- Stay connected using links. Use links to help connect with fellow relevant articles, statistics or information. Don’t be afraid to use internal links either. They will help establish your brand as a leader. Always check your links before hitting that publish button – you don’t want any to be broken.
- Always know what the hottest trends in social media are. According to Forbes,” immersing yourself in the latest and greatest trending topics will give you an edge on the competition as well as access to endless inspiration for new topics. Engage with your social media network often and help your followers develop a personal connection and loyalty to your brand”.