Achieving Outstanding Customer Service
We all know that customer service is vital to a company and its reputation. But giving outstanding customer service can mean the difference between losing or gaining a potential sale. When a customer receives outstanding service, they are easier to serve, allows you to feel accomplished, and causes fewer problems during your transactions. Here are a few easy steps you can take to launch your good customer service into outstanding service:
- Treat everyone like a customer. Whether they are calling in to ask questions or voicing a concern, treat each and every person as if they already are a loyal customer.
- Use their name. If you know their name, make sure to use it. If not, don’t be afraid to ask. It helps create a bond between you and your customer. This personal touch will help you gain their trust. Always treat each person as an individual.
- Make sure to actively listen. Listening to your customers shows you care what they have to say. Make sure to repeat their problem back in your own words to show you’ve heard them.
- Engage in conversation. Make sure you ask questions and relate to their concerns. Be empathetic to their needs and wants.
- Go above and beyond. Be accessible to your customer, find out exactly what they need, and then follow through in a timely manner and above what you have promised.
- Stay positive. It can be difficult to give outstanding service to a negative customer but staying positive is the key. Make sure that every customer has a positive experience while working with your business.
- Always keep your word. If you tell a customer you will get back to them with a resolution in 24 hours, then make sure you do. If you break your word, you will most likely lose a customer. If you say you will check on a product or service, then do so, promptly, and let them know.
Good customer service meets customer expectations, but outstanding service exceeds them. Remember, customers want to engage with an actual person. Make sure your employees are trained to consistently deliver outstanding service. Go the extra mile each and every time and most importantly treat your customers like they are the center of your world because after all, they are.